Rented a shop owner filed a case now wants to sell it to someone else

I am a rented of a shop for 40years and the owner had already file a case against us and now he has done a notary agreement with the other buyer and now this buyer is threatening us to leave the shop so l just want to ask what can i do against this please reply

Answers (2)

95 votes

Your question is not clear. You said owner filed a case against you, what is that case?
Secondly, if your agreement with owner is subsisting and there was no default in terms & conditions of that agreement on your part, then you don't have to be worried. You go as per your agreement.
Thirdly, if you get any types of threats, you can file complaint to police about the same.
For specific answer, please give complete details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

259 votes

maharashtra rent control act specifically protect the rights of tenants. firstly you are required to sure that you are having with you the documentary evidence to show that you are in possession of that shop for last 40 years. if you are having sufficient evidence then submit it in to the court in which case is pending against you. in maharashtra rent control act there is a specific provision for recovery of possession from tenants. if your landlord not complied with those provisions then he is not entitled to get possession from you in-spite of the fact that he has done a notary agreement with another person. if such another person threaten you on the basis of so called notary then you are required to lodge a complaint against him.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."