Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Rent agreement with mother be transferred to son after her death

My mother had entered into a lease agreement with the Tenant during Dec. 17. During Feb.18 she passed away. Now, can the tenant pay the rent to me. The tenant has submitted the lease agreement to her Employer for availing tax benefit. Now, can the tenant pay the rent to me. Looking forward to your advise please.

Answers (2)

The rent is payable to you. This is on account of the fact that the rent will be paid to the estate of your mother.
In order to ensure that the rent is payable to you, you must have the property transferred and registered in your name at the earliest.
In the interim, you can continue collecting rent from the tenant.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Please note that in the eventuality of the demise of the landlady, the tenancy has to be attorned/ transferred to the name of the legal heirs of the deceased person.
The attornment/ transfer can also be in the form of letter.
If there are two or more than two legal heirs, other legal heir/s should give permission for the payment of rents to a particular legal heir.
The said change of landlady has to be duly intimated/ informed to the Employer but submitting the letter / revised rental agreement.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
6 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3499
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

The are of my flat in the agreement is mentioned as carpet area including the balconies. I want to know the rules regarding enclosure of balconies and…

Read More

Dear sir M hindu dharm se hu mera nam  h Humari uttar pradesh me kanpur k pas ariya sumerpur me 3 flore ki bulding h jise humne 40 tak kam kiraye…

Read More

My existing tenant staying in my house for 8 years.I asked him to vacate.He requested me to allow 2 more years and prepared to offer Agreement with me…

Read More

My father before death gave a shop on rent to our far relative on verbal trust. After his death, he refuses to leave, sign any new agreement, and dema…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue