Rent agreement with mother be transferred to son after her death

My mother had entered into a lease agreement with the Tenant during Dec. 17. During Feb.18 she passed away. Now, can the tenant pay the rent to me. The tenant has submitted the lease agreement to her Employer for availing tax benefit. Now, can the tenant pay the rent to me. Looking forward to your advise please.

The rent is payable to you. This is on account of the fact that the rent will be paid to the estate of your mother.
In order to ensure that the rent is payable to you, you must have the property transferred and registered in your name at the earliest.
In the interim, you can continue collecting rent from the tenant.

Please note that in the eventuality of the demise of the landlady, the tenancy has to be attorned/ transferred to the name of the legal heirs of the deceased person.
The attornment/ transfer can also be in the form of letter.
If there are two or more than two legal heirs, other legal heir/s should give permission for the payment of rents to a particular legal heir.
The said change of landlady has to be duly intimated/ informed to the Employer but submitting the letter / revised rental agreement.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers