Procedure when a rental agreement has expired but tenant not leaving

Sir , I had very old building ( 100 yrs). In front on ground floor I had four shops. On 1st floor my family resides. I gave a shop on rent on 7.01.2002 with unregistered agreement. Tenancy is continue and tenant paid rent regularly for which I gave receipt to tenant on counter of which I have his receiving. Each time tenure was revised for three year by mutual agreement. Last agreement is expired on 31 may 2018. On last receipt I mentioned renewal is not possible, this is last rent. Problem is this I asked many time to vacate the shop he is not vacating. Please suggest me least time taking and simple remedy to me to get the shop vacated . I am 80 yrs old ,and only married daughter.

Answers (2)

344 votes

No other option except to take legal action.
File case for eviction and enhancement, both.
Rest your counsel will make out your case.
better contact a lawyer because notice is also to be given. So it done by lawyer it will be legally better.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

140 votes

First of all give him notice of 15 days to vacate the premises. In the notice clearly mention that you are terminating the tenancy. If he doesn't vacate the premises within 15 days from the service of the notice then you can file the suit for eviction in the Civil Court.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."