Ownership rights in redevelopment of property of tenancy building

We are the tenants of a 3 storey pagdi bldg in Santacruz West. We have been approached by a builder for redevelopment. The property belongs to a trust. We have been informed that we shall be getting 21% extra carpet area. But the tenancy shall continue. We shall not be given any ownership rights. 60% of our tenants have already signed an agreement with the builders. My question is whether we shall be able to get ownership rights as per redevelopment property of tenancy buildings.

Answers (1)

265 votes

If property is belonging to trust then trust is owner of property and therefore further development has to be done after procuring prior permission of Charity Commissioner. And if you are tenant of trust then you could not become owner of redeveloped property. Even in absence of Charity Commissioner sanction neither builder nor trustee can given you ownership right. At the most you can continue as tenant with sanction or consent of landlord.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."