Owner not returning the advance paid in absence of agreement

I shifted to a house on 31 January by paying Rs.50000 as advance; 40000 via bank transfer and 10000 by cash (handed over to the tenant in the adjacent apartment as instrcted by my owner as payment to the painters). A journal of days is given Day 1:We notice - Geyser pipe leak, flush tank pipe leak, dirty and stinking outlets of washing machine and kitchen zink, an open electric wire in the hall goes short with a spark resulting in power out, dirty floors in the second bedroom and kitchen, stinking kitchen tiles. We inform owner of these issues through call and sent photographs via whatsapp. Day2- Owner responds saying she'll send electrician next week. Day 4-Owner sent an electrician and plumber who did some stop gap adjustments to the leaks. We inform we wasnt to move out. We leave for home town. Day 7- We return. No current since owner didn't pay E-bill. Entire day we suffered. Day 8 - We move out. Now owner is returned only 32000 only. Will a legal recourse be helpful?

Answers (1)

111 votes

A legal recourse can be helpful in the present situation. However, to determine the validity of the deduction the reason for the Landlord making a deduction from the advance as well as the terms of the tenancy agreement will have to be examined.
Once those are reviewed, a final answer can be provided.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."