Landlord wants us to abandon premises where we are having business

Landlord wants us to abandon premises where we are having our own business for more than 27 yrs and imposes a legal notice on us .Kindly guide us what are the rules and my rights regarding the same.I am from hindu family.

Answers (2)

348 votes

First of all you will have to tell me what is your state moreover if you apprehends that he can evict you forcibly than you can file suit for permanent injunction against landlord for seeking stay from forcibly eviction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

104 votes

In Punjab, the rights of landlord and tenant are governed by East Punjab Rent Restriction Act 1949 as well as Punjab Rent act 1996. AS your tenancy is 27 years old, the EPRR act will be applicable on you. In this act, the Landlord has to prove the grounds of eviction such as bonafide necessity, non payment of rent, Etc. and unless and untill he has not proved these grounds, you cannot be evicted from the premises. The contents of legal notice issued by landlord can definitely clear the intending action of landlord. In case you have any threat for forcible dispossession, you can file civil suit for injunction against him and can get stay order against him.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."