Landlord wants us to abandon premises where we are having business

Landlord wants us to abandon premises where we are having our own business for more than 27 yrs and imposes a legal notice on us .Kindly guide us what are the rules and my rights regarding the same.I am from hindu family.

First of all you will have to tell me what is your state moreover if you apprehends that he can evict you forcibly than you can file suit for permanent injunction against landlord for seeking stay from forcibly eviction.

In Punjab, the rights of landlord and tenant are governed by East Punjab Rent Restriction Act 1949 as well as Punjab Rent act 1996. AS your tenancy is 27 years old, the EPRR act will be applicable on you. In this act, the Landlord has to prove the grounds of eviction such as bonafide necessity, non payment of rent, Etc. and unless and untill he has not proved these grounds, you cannot be evicted from the premises. The contents of legal notice issued by landlord can definitely clear the intending action of landlord. In case you have any threat for forcible dispossession, you can file civil suit for injunction against him and can get stay order against him.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers