quesLandlord not returning lease money

I took a house on lease for 4 lakhs. After staying for 4 months my landlord forced me to vacate giving silly reasons. After vacating he's not returning my money back. How can I get my money back

  • ans

    If you have signed a Lease agreement there must be a clause of termination or refund of security deposit.  In most of the agreement, the termination clause states that landlord has to provide the tenant one month notice to vacate the house.

    Also as per the most of the agreement the landlord is required to refund security deposit on receiving the possession of the premises.

    We suggest that you should send a legal notice through a lawyer thereby mentioning the fact that you were illegally thrown out of the house and also demand your security deposit alongwith compensation

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

We have rented one room in our house to a family 17 yrs ago. Since…
Hi, Is it necessary to register leave and license agreement for 11 months or only…
I have a house in delhi. In 1950 My grandfather had given the ground floor…
I was rented in  ,at one unfortunate day my whole flat was burnt .All our…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly