landlord forcing me to give painting charges at the time of vacating

Hello Team, I am staying in a rented house since 3 years and planning to vacate. When I took this house on rent , the house was not painted and also in the agreement its not written that I have to pay painting charges. Now, the house owner is insisting me to pay for painting charges and deduct the same from advance which is not correct in my opinion. Please help me what can I do ?

No legally you are not required to pay for any kind of maintenance charges and according to the law, the landlord is required by law to pay for all the maintenance of the rented/leased premises.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers