Is it necessary to become a member of the society

I am a tenant in a cooperative housing society of Mumbai. I dont want to hold any kind of membership in the society unless absolutely necessary. As a licensee of the apartment, is it necessary to become a member of the society?

A Tenant is a person who occupies a flat in a Co op housing Society belonging to a member who has signed a Tenancy Agreement. Hence there is no question of a Tenant becong a member of a Housing Society

You will not become the primary member of the society. You can at the most become the associate member of the society. The owner of the flat will be the main member of the society. He/She will have to attend the society meetings etc. You need not attend the meetings of the society.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli