How to recover previous rent dues

I had lease my commercial property to a MNC company ,as per agreement there is 15% increment after every 3 yrs.but we are informing the company in regular basis but now company says they will give increment from now onwards and for 14 month old rent increment they had closed the monthly audit so that will not be released. But there is no fault of us as they have huge employees base in accounts ,finance ,legal,dept have yo look after these cases themselves. I am calling them and in the mean time 1 sr.exe left the company what to do and how can I get my left rent with 18% interest as per lease rent agreement.

Answers (3)

217 votes

Yes, you can definitely get the due amount if you have agreement with you which is duly singed by both the parties. For that you have to meet me. First of all you should ask the due amount in legal notice and then second step will start.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

276 votes

first of all you have to send them a legal notice regarding non-payment of dues in respect of lease property and according to terms and conditions of lease agreement. if they are not reply or pay the dues as per increased amount then you can file a suit for recovery of rent.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
318 votes

A suit for eviction and arrears of rent is maintainable. If the judgment debtors have filed an appeal then the decree holders must enter appearance in the appeal and contest the same.

If the appeal is dismissed then the decree holders may file for execution of the decree. It would be easier for us to assist you if you could provide us with more details of your case.

Feel free to get in touch if I could be of any further assistance.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."