How can i get the room renamed from fathers name to my name.

I am living in pagadi system building where room is in my father's name and it is not living there from last 3 years. Now building owner asking us to rename room to our name or sell it. For renaming room to our name asking for 50K. Let me know how i will deal with this.

If your father transfers the property to you and your brother by a GIFT DEED, then it is possible that you can have absolute ownership. Please consult a lawyer in person as you have to go through the sale deed which gave ownership to your father, and also draft the GIFT DEED thoroughly.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers