How can i get the room renamed from fathers name to my name.

I am living in pagadi system building where room is in my father's name and it is not living there from last 3 years. Now building owner asking us to rename room to our name or sell it. For renaming room to our name asking for 50K. Let me know how i will deal with this.

Answers (1)

272 votes

If your father transfers the property to you and your brother by a GIFT DEED, then it is possible that you can have absolute ownership. Please consult a lawyer in person as you have to go through the sale deed which gave ownership to your father, and also draft the GIFT DEED thoroughly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."