Friend asking for rent for staying with him

i moved to delhi 4 months back i was staying with one of my friend. initially it was favor he was doing to me to let me stay at his place. but after 10 days he offered me to stay at his place on rent. i was okay with it. and i requested him that i would pay my rent in couple of days. due to some financial problems i coudnt pay in 20 days he threw me out and dint let me come to his place my all the luggage and documents are at his place. now he is asking me to pay for it and i cant pay i am already suffering from mental sickness my doctore reports are also with him. please advise what should i do!

Answers (1)

307 votes

there was a mutual understanding between you and your friend regarding paying and distributing the rent among yourself. You can request him to give your belongings back to you and if he still does not give it back you can file a complaint with the police and seek their help to get your belongings back,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."