Father rented a property after his death wants to increase the rent

28-Mar-2023 (In Landlord/Tenant Law)
My father rented his property in 1983 - 84. Considering standard rent at that time. Father passed away in 2011. Now , can I ask all tenants to increase rent ? Is there any provision in law for this ? Or I have to continue with old trivial rent .
Answers (1)

Answer #1
910 votes
R u and ur property is from maharashtra cauze there is diff laws in evry state in maharashtra u can file a case in small causes court for increasing rent as a legal heir against old tenants

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."