Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Complaint against landlady for harassment and torture

My parents stays in south kolkata in a rented room for last 40 yrs.Last year one of the son's of land lord reached out to my parents and informed that they would be constructing a building in the property.My parents gave them an no and were shifted to a different location.In the meantime the building was constructed but my parents are still out of their home.Initially it was agreed that that room would be handed to my parents within a year,but now it's more than a year and the house is still not prepared.When enquired about the situation they said that we have to build the toilets/kitchen at our own expence,even the cost of doors and windows were placed on our shoulder.To add further trouble they had stopped paying the shifting rent and it is being borne by my parents for last 2 month.Finally we decided to complete the house using our own masons/expenses .Now when the work is in progress they keep on causing hindrances every now and then.Is there any legal solution to this problem?

Answers (1)

You need to file a title suit in the civil court. You shall come to my office and meet me so that I can provide you the best possible remedy for your problem and get you justice. Please come with all the related documents

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
6 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I am tenant of a shop in Kolkata paying rent accumulatelyvofc2-3years together as it was accepted in bulk by landlord.but since last 39 months rent wa…

Read More

I have rented out my 3 BHK flat on rent and made a notarized rent agreement with the tenant. The agreement is for 11 months and is not registered. The…

Read More

Hello sir I have rented my building to a organisation named of ssupsw(state society for ultra poor ..) for buniyad kendra. So their agreement was for …

Read More

Our room got fire due to short circuit, and now the owner is asking us to pay all the losses due to it. Everything is burnt down to the ashes and we d…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue