Brothers not giving share in ancestral property how to get it

we have a land 40 guntha in khopoli , maharashtra. Land has names of my two brother and 5 sisters ( I am one of the sister ) ( This land came to us after death of our father and mother ) We all sister and brothers are married. one of my brother wants to operate a pertol pump by giving this land on lease to a petrol pump company. He is not offering anything to us ( 5 sisters ) and want a NOC from us to transfer this land on those two brother's names. what should be our legal position and demand from him. What care we need to take and which documents we should demand from it before taking decision.

Answers (1)

114 votes

Is your father left any will for their children ...that means how land is devided between all... If not then u can apply for aakhiv patrika and make sure that u are also a successor of your father....after that no NOC gives to your brother and send a legal notice to him that u all sisters want your share in property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."