Premature discharge from Indian Air Force

Sir, Coming June 27, I will be completing 12 years of service in Indian Air Force.As per agreement I have to complete 20 years of service and minimum 15 year for basic facilities entitled for ex servicemen. But, my personal commitments and excegencies at home does not permit me to continue the service and thus I want immediate discharge from service without the benefits provided for ex servicemen. Please guide me.

Answers (1)

121 votes

This is my response to you:
1. You will have to read the terms od your appointment letter;
2. You must approach your superior and ask for volunatry resignation;
3. You must read into the Air Force recruitment/service rules
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles