Notice period by company to recover amount in lieu of notice period.

Hello sir, I have worked in a Pvt company for only 5 months as a senior executive post in accounts department. They mentally pressed me due reason I resigned on 4 Feb 2017 and gave him a notice of 15 days. Now after multiple follows for my FNF they sent me the company notice stating that you have not paid the notice period recovery amount on the basis of gross salary and wanted me to pay 80000 thousand something. Even I am ready to pay the basis amount for non complete the notice period as no clause is mention in the offer letter to charge the gross amount. As per offer letter 90 days notice period is required, am I come in the labour category as my salary is 31500. They have not deduct PF to any employee. Can it be a ground to file a suite. Some one is saying they will file a civil suite against you. Pls suggest whether I have to pay the said amount. Or what to do I am in trouble. Can I send a legal notice to HR and manager?

Answers (2)

103 votes

Firstly,send a letter to company and seek detailed break up of how figure of Rs 80000 was arrived at

Second, you were required to serve 3 months notice period if you were confirmed in writing

Third,in your case you served for 15 days only . company can recover from you amount for shortfall in notice period

Lastly, contact a local lawyer and reply to demand letter

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

244 votes

Yes. You can send legal notice to your employer and even file the case for recovery of money before the Civil court. You have other too available for filing your case before labour court before labour commissioner because it is simply non-compliance of PF rules and regulations under labour laws.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles