quesIs it legal to work in 2 private companies together? One is part time.

Can I work in 2 private companies at the same time? I am working in a private firm full time and have got another offer to work in another private company part time.


Is it legal to work in both the companies together?


  • ans

    As you are working with a Private Firm, your employment with them and elsewhere will be governed and controlled on the basis of rules and conditions laid down in the terms of your appointment with your employer, which you must have agreed upon by duly signing & acknowledging an Appointment letter while accepting the employment offered by them.


    While majority of the Private Employers have a standard condition wherein they do not allow any other employment (part time / freelance / contractual / etc.) while you are employed with them, you have to go through the provisions of your Appointment letter and in case those provisions do not prohibit you to be employed somewhere else during your off-time, then you may take the written consent of your full time employer to proceed and accept any other employment offer. 


    Similarly, you have to inform the employer where you would like to be engaged part-time and also take a written permission about your engagement with some other employer for full time, to obviate any legal tussle in future with any one of the employers.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

How to get salary from employer I had worked in a institution and given resignation…
sir i am a staffnurse working in nimhans hospital banglore , joined in 2015 .During…
Sir my father is a central govt employee. Now he is suffering from psychiatry &…
I had spent some amount and directly given him some amount when he was in…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>