Employee ran off with documents and advance salary. What can be done?

A person joined our company and signed an agreement which stated they wont leave the company before 2 years. But recently one of the employee took advance salary from me and ran away with some of our documents as well. Now neither he is responding to our calls and mails. What can be done in such a situation?

Answers (1)

358 votes

We suggest you to send the employee a notice, thereby declaring him absconding in the notice and also stating that if he fails to report you shall be constrained to lodge a police complaint.

Despite the legal notice, if he fails to respond then you can file a police complaint and suit of recovery against the employee.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles