Complication in the pregnancy need bed rest do not want to leave job

Hi, i m one month pregnant and have complications in my pregnancy due to fibroids in my uterus. I dont want to leave my job but the doctor advised to take bed rest to avoid miscarriage due to travelling to work. What options do i have to save my job and my child?

Your first priority should be the safety of your child.

As for your job security, being fired from a job on account of pregnancy is illegal under the Maternity Benefit Act. To plug any loophole and ensure protection to women employees, the Government is soon going to implement a provision prohibiting the laying off any woman during pregnancy, on any pretext.

Maximum the company can grant you unpaid leave for the first 4 months of the pregnancy. The rest of the paid pregnancy leave you can get can be up to a total period of 6 months.