quesCo. denying to release till i complete the project after notice period

I am currently serving my notice period in an IT company. I served my resignation 2-3 weeks back. and as per company policy i am required to serve a notice period which is going to get over by 5th june. But the company is deny that they will not release me till i complete the project assigned to me. But the project was actually assigned to me after my resignation was given. Is there any way that they can do that? What can i do in such a scenario?

  • ans

    We suggest you that you should write an email to HR thereby citing your resignation date and the notice period.

    You should further clearly state that as per the resignation you were to relieve on a particular date. However the current project was assigned to you post your resignation which was an additional job and the project will take longer.

    Furthermore, you specify the appropriate reason why you intend to be relived on early date ( for instance that you have joining date in your next company or personal reasons etc). Also, request the company to complete your full and final settlement.

    If they fail to respond then, you through a lawyer you can send a legal notice, thereby demanding your salary, full and final settlement etc.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I work in an IT firm.One of our client wants to open his own company…
Sir, I am a B.tech graduate of 2012-2016 batch from ABES Engineering college in Ghaziabad.…

My previous employer is adjusting my last salary against the training cost, even though I…

is ir punsihble for an employee who was keeping frismdhsip with other employees, who were…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly