×

quesCo. denying to release till i complete the project after notice period

I am currently serving my notice period in an IT company. I served my resignation 2-3 weeks back. and as per company policy i am required to serve a notice period which is going to get over by 5th june. But the company is deny that they will not release me till i complete the project assigned to me. But the project was actually assigned to me after my resignation was given. Is there any way that they can do that? What can i do in such a scenario?

We suggest you that you should write an email to HR thereby citing your resignation date and the notice period.

You should further clearly state that as per the resignation you were to relieve on a particular date. However the current project was assigned to you post your resignation which was an additional job and the project will take longer.

Furthermore, you specify the appropriate reason why you intend to be relived on early date ( for instance that you have joining date in your next company or personal reasons etc). Also, request the company to complete your full and final settlement.

If they fail to respond then, you through a lawyer you can send a legal notice, thereby demanding your salary, full and final settlement etc.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only