can my company recover incentive paid to me after i resign?

I work with a Pharma company and i resigned recently wherein I just got a Legal Notice from a lawyer stating that the company wants to recover Rs.20,000 that was the incentive paid to me a few months ago. No such clause exists in my appointment letter.

Answer

After going through the facts provided by you, 

You need to reply to that legal notice so to avoid initiation of any proceedings against you.

For providing any further assistance we need to go through you terms of employment i.e. your contract with the company.

But generally the company cannot ask for incentives after it has been awarded to you.