Can I take a legal action if I have proof of my boss threatening me?

Sir, I am working in MNC company on third part pay roll in Pune. My superiors promised me I will get on on roll if I will handle a project. Now they told me that it is not possible. So I will asked for leave for 2 days as my interview is schedulled but by new boss threatened Over phone but I have automatic call recording in my phone? So can I take legal action against my new boss??

Answers (2)

112 votes

Are you a permenant employee or temp.
It depends on your bond which you must have signed . We have to see what company has agreed to you.
You always have an action for any kind of harresment.
I need some more details.
As in a female has more rights which can be resorted to solve your problem.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

161 votes

Yes you can definitely take legal action against anybody who has threatened you. The most appropriate proceeding will be to approach a labour tribunal for mistreatment to an existing employee. And also it becomes a criminal case if your new boss has threatened you with damage to life/your property or any other kind of threat. It is good that you have the phone recording, it can be used as an evidence in the court of law.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles