Can i resign and start my own company in same business?

I had been working for a company which did business handling. The customers are companies. Recently I have quit this company and I am planning to start my own firm in the same field. The firm is already registered. I have not signed any ‘non competition clause’ or confidentiality agreement with my old company. Can my old company sue me or create legal issues if they come to know about my firm? Already my old clientele have started placing orders with me.

if you are poaching clients of your old company they will definitely drag you to court and claim damages.

Was there a clause that you shall after resignation not poach on clients of the company in your appointment letter?
If there is no such clause you can start your business in same field