Can be an employee in one company and partner in another company?

Can one be a partner in one company and be an employee in another company.

Answers (2)

99 votes

As per the appointment letter of most of the company has a clause restricting employees  to work for other company , and gain income.

So, you cannot be a partner in a company and be an employee for another company. You can  either be employee or partner.

307 votes

A person can be a partner in one Firm and an employee in another company depending on the terms of his employment. Generally the Partnership Firm and the Company engaged in the same business activites do not entertain a person to actively engage in similiar business/activites as it will be against to confidential agreement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles