Can a company deduct my salary if I joined on 2nd day of the month

04-May-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
I recently joined a new company in Navi Mumbai. The joining date was 2nd of the month because 1st was a Sunday. I worked for all the days of the month same as any other employee. I received one day less salary and the HR is telling me that it is because I joined on 2nd. What does the law say about this.

Answer #1
You can do the following:
1. Write a personal letter/email to the HR department asking why they did not issue you that one day salary?

2. Ask them the calculation of salary and the method by which it is calculated;

3. If they don't respond withing time, issue a legal notice to them;

3.