Ad hoc Appointment

I Am Employee of an NGO registered under society act 1860. I was appointed on Adhoc.

As per service rules, Seniority counts from date of joining the Post. But they are asking qualification which was not the condition at the time of appointment. Many employees, junior to me got promotion and now they are on higher post then me. From 1997 regularly I’m am submitting representation to the management.

But now they gave in writing that you acquired qualification after them so you are junior. There was no such condition of Qualification. My salary is about Rs. 50,000/-.

What legal action can I take?


We would firstly like to know that what is the current status of your job?


As you stated that you were appointed ad hoc.

Meaning for ad hoc appointment is that you are appointed for a short period. Ad hoc appointment is made for a existing post for a short period of time ( say a month or so or even more) in the absence of the person manning the post. When the person manning the post returns, the contract of the ad hoc employee is terminated automatically.


We also like go through your contract of employment to give you clear guidance regarding your queries.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My father is a bank manager in a nationalized bank and he has been on this job for over 32 years.In April,2017 he had been suspended from his service …

Read More

I am seeking an advice pertaining to labor law . I got a job offer from an insurance company which i accepted on mail only . There is no signed docume…

Read More

Dear Sir/Madam, My married widowed sister was death last month, she was mother of 2 minor son, one is 1.5 yr and 1 7 years, due to both of parents die…

Read More

I joined a bank 2014 and left the job within a week.I had signed a bond with the bank against which they had submiteed my documents. now i received a …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue