Ad hoc Appointment

I Am Employee of an NGO registered under society act 1860. I was appointed on Adhoc.

As per service rules, Seniority counts from date of joining the Post. But they are asking qualification which was not the condition at the time of appointment. Many employees, junior to me got promotion and now they are on higher post then me. From 1997 regularly I’m am submitting representation to the management.

But now they gave in writing that you acquired qualification after them so you are junior. There was no such condition of Qualification. My salary is about Rs. 50,000/-.

What legal action can I take?

Answer

We would firstly like to know that what is the current status of your job?

As you stated that you were appointed ad hoc.

Meaning for ad hoc appointment is that you are appointed for a short period. Ad hoc appointment is made for a existing post for a short period of time ( say a month or so or even more) in the absence of the person manning the post. When the person manning the post returns, the contract of the ad hoc employee is terminated automatically.

We also like go through your contract of employment to give you clear guidance regarding your queries.