How to ask for an extension in paying service tax if payment not made

Hi I started a small company and had a transaction of 4 crores however the entire amount has not been paid by the producer because of which I am yet to pay approx 15 lac as service tax . I am getting calls now mentioning that if it is unpaid until 31st March I may get sued or recovery agents might harass. I really need to sort it out since I am novice in this field .

Answers (1)

Your query is genuine however as you have mentioned that your billing is more than 4 crores i.e. on and above 50 lacs, so option of payment of Service Tax on realization amount is not available to you.

it is suggested to pay the Service Tax dues immediately to avoid mental and physical harassment because nowadays action of arrest and prosecution are initiating by the department heavily.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular GST Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao
K G Road, Bangalore
33 years Experience
Advocate Deepak Gandhi
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the GST Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I buy goods before GST apply and i take Gst registration feb 2018,till now i fill Return as NiL forn 3B,only and now i sell the product so how can i s…

Read More

i am willing to start a tutoring agency.where student and Teacher both have to give registration fee.And teacher have to give 1st month fee as commiss…

Read More

One of the holiday company made false promises and forced me to take the 10-year membership (see my last post). After 3+ months of the chase, they are…

Read More

As per Notification No 25/2012 repair or maintenance services of ships/ vessel related to Coast Guard / Navy Service Tax were exempted . Whether this …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue