Complaint against builder for charging extra GST over property.

I booked under construction flat in Pune on 27th Jan 2018,builder is providing me cost sheet with 12% GST. On 25th Jan GST council reduced GST rate from 12% to 8% for PMAY and CLSS homes. I am eligible under MIG-2 group(fulfilling all the criteria) for this new GST 8% rate. Below are the circular and notification links I have already showed all these circulars to builder,but he is not ready to pass on the 4% GST benefit. On 7th FEB Ministry of Finance released press note that 'builder or developer will not be required to pay GST on the construction service of flats etc. in cash but would have enough ITC (input tax credits) in his books to pay the output GST'

Answers (1)

201 votes

Dear Sir,

i must congratulate you for the depth of knowledge you have collected from different sources which is absolutely correct.
The builder is suppose to pass on the benefit to you.
i would request you to forward your agitation to the helpdesk of GST. al ink you will get from the
your study and efforts will not waste anymore.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular GST Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the GST Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles