quesWorking wife. Earning good. How will this impact her maintenance case?

My wife is a qualified CA since 1 year and is working with a CA firm, but still seeking maintenance from me. I earn just Rs.40,000 per month and she earns / can earn much more than that.


How will this impact the maintenance case she has filed against me?


  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans


      This shall have a huge impact on the said case. In case of maintenance the Court considers a lot of factors. 


      Deciding the amount of alimony / maintenance is the discretion of the Court.


      The sum and period of alimony generally depends upon how long the marriage existed. Marriages that lasted for more than 10 years are entitled to be granted a life long alimony. Age of the spouse is also taken into consideration while awarding alimony. 


      Normally, a young recipient of alimony gets it for a smaller period of time if the court thinks that he or she will soon be able to become financially sound through prospective career excellence. 


      Alimony is also in vogue in order to equalize the economic condition of both the spouses. The higher earning spouse is entitled to pay a heavy amount as alimony.


      The spouse who is projected to be enjoying a prosperous career is liable to pay high alimony amount. If one of the spouses is suffering from poor health, the other is subjected to payment of high alimony to ensure proper medication and well being of the other spouse.


      As you have mentioned that your wife is earning more than you, you just need to prove the same in Court and it is highly likely that her maintenance claim shall fail.


      Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I have filed cases of 417,498a(3)(4)against my husband ,but now at present he is planning…
    Hi my brother has married 2years ago. But after marred girls has many illness and…
    Dear Sir/Ma'am, Me and my wife have decided to get a divorce. This would be…
    my brother got married in april 27th 2015. since then there have been differences and…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>