quesWill there be restrictions to travel abroad if divorce case pending?

I am covered under Hindu marriages Act. I applied for Divorce under the reason 'desertion by my wife'. Since my work nature requires me to go abroad on work assignments, will it make my case proceedings affected?


Please clarify that there won't be any restriction in going abroad as this involves only a civil case.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans


      Legal Advice by our Expert:


      Simply because you will be travelling for your professional commitments will not in any way effect your divorce petition on account of dessertion. Although the courts today call for the presence of the parties in matrimonial matters but in case you have to travel, there are no boundations.


      However, your presence will be required as and when called by the court or at the time of recording of your evidence / statement. 


    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My wife is ready to write if in future is she cheat or adultery then…
    My son-in-law(USA) was harassing my daughter so we filed 498a section on him 3yrs ago,…
    Sir i have done court marriage on 2010 feb 11,but we are not staying together,as…
    3 yrs ago I was married to a boy . We are not live together…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>