Wife threatening to file case against me and my family what to do

we had our registree marriage on 20 March 2016 and our hindu social marriage occured on 31 May 2016.On 1st June 2016 after entering my house for the first time she started quarrelling with us and threatened us of filing police case against us.4 days later we went to her home and she didn't want to come back with me.But her parents made her understand and she came.Two days later we again went to her house and she repeated the same thing and her parents helped her to come with me.On 14 th June 2016 she made a serious pandemonium in our house at midnight.She threatened us of filing police case against my mother an me.She always abused me by saying that I have relation with other girls and my character is bad.That night at 1 am she left my house with her parents whom she called with all the jewellery and told me that she would divorce me.Till date she is staying in her father's home.Now she wants to come back.But what will happen if she files false police case this time.What shall I do?

Answers (2)

166 votes

You need to take few precautions to avoid any future harassment. As right now she is away from home, and she left her marital home by her will, even if she wants to come back and reunite, file for Restitution of conjugal right with few conditions (which will safeguard you in future) mentioned in it. Try to collect evidence of threatening by recording her calls. Another way would be to file FIR in the local police station mentioning about those threatening if you have something to substantiate it. To guide you in a correct direction I need more detailed information about your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

265 votes

Dear sir, Kindly visit your local police station and register a general diary and keep a receipt of the same. And as per latest ruling of Hon'ble Supreme Court, there will be no direct arrest if your wife files a 498A case. So don't worry but register the Diary and you may get in touch with me for further help.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles