Wife not allowing any physical relationship. Filed false dowry case.

I got married with this girl on the 17th of January, 2013. She lived with me for about 42 days and then went to her hometown. She was not allowing me physical relationship with her but I tolerated this behavior of her silently. She did not come back until 5th December, 2013.

She went back to her parents with my uncle saying that she would be back in a few days and before our wedding anniversary. But she did not.

She's put a complaint of dowry and domestic violence now. What should I do?

Expert Legal Advice:

In such a scenario it is best that you lodge a detailed complaint with the your local Police Station that in such circumstances your wife has left you and that she's threatening or you are apprehensive that she will lodge a false and frivolous complaint against you and your family with respect to dowry.

Further if you can collect any evidence that she has been staying separately like call records, etc., then that would help you in proving that she has been staying separately and hence there arises no question of harassment of any sort.

Further, if you get a call from the Women Cell, then do join the investigation as that will prove your bonafide intentions and whenever you are apprehensive that you might be getting threatened from the Police, then apply for anticipatory bail.