quesWife left with child and want divorce and money.

We got married in the 2005 and have a son. In the year 2010 we had a dispute on a small issue and we have been separated since then. My wife says that she is not interested to stay with me anymore and wants lumpsum of Rs 10 lacs as settlement money for Divorce. My income is not that high, though i stay in my own house. also I have no intention of Divorce and wants to have my child and wife back.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYou have not mentioned whether your wife is working or not, what are your wife qualifications? A working wife would not ordinarily be entitled to maintenance. however you are liable to maintain your child.

      Let her file for maintenance and you should defend it proving your financial ability. Usually court orders, 1/3 of your income, and whatever the condition it is by law that husband has to maintain wife as per his standards, if she is not earning.

      If you do not wish for divorce, file a restitution of conjugal rights petition asking the court to give an order to reinstate your marriage and conjugal rights.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I made an affidavit in court stating I am unemployed to claim maintenance from husband.…

    My husband fights with me n threatens to harm me n kids. Lies around to…

    Mera divorce 9 month Panchayat k through hua tha or mai central employees hu or Mene apne…

    Dear Sir/Madam My wife and I are married for last 12 yrs and have a…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly