Wife filed false DV case after 1 year of separation. Can I remarry?

My wife left my home since one year. She has filled two cases in court against me 1 domestic violence 2 Nan Nafka in may this year. She is also a retired govt employee drawing handsome pension. I tried my best to get her to home but in vain. Now I am alone and feeling helpless. Can I remarry for care

Answers (1)

289 votes
You can file restitution of conjugal rights under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, if your wife has been residing separately to bring her back to your matrimonial house. You cannot remarry without getting a divorce from your wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles