what should i do to get divorce or legal actions against hubby.

i filed dowry, dv, threat to life complaints against my husband in police station and to commissioner office, who referred the case to MD cell.

MD cell made a written compromise, accordingly, i get 4L in advance and wil get 2L at 2nd motion. both Agreed not to take any legal actions against each other and to take all those cases back by me but after the divorce.

but while filing the petition in the court, it had been written before the final statement. now its the time of 2nd motion. but he is denying(4 times) to give consent for withdrawl/ quashing of cases although not FIR/ court cases.


After going through your query, we are unable to determine what legal advice you wish to seek from us.

To our understanding, you got your divorce in first motion and now your husband is not consenting for the 2nd motion which is withdrawal of cases.

And a written compromise has been reached between you and your husband in the court of law.


If such is the case then we would advice you 

1. Not to withdraw the cases that you have filed against your husband.

2. Also if your husband has denied to fulfill the written compromise, it will amount to Contempt of Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

i had been harrassed by my inlaws n husband for dowry so i came to my mother home as soon as i got pregnant n i went back 9months after baby born they…

Read More

My frnd filed for divorce in August 2016 but his wife filed dowry case against him.now 1 year is completed... Further nothing happened yet. I want to …

Read More

My wife left my house when i was in office on simple fight on phone. She previously also did this. I married on 9th Feb 2014. She lived with me for 40…

Read More

hello sir/mam.. i got married in 26 jan 2015 in HINDU MARRIAGE ACT. but mere in laws supportive nahi the na h husband. mere father in law boht galt ta…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue