×

What should I do if my wife left me for her ex boyfriend

My wife have external affair..she use to call to a specific phone no and post call she use to delete the call records later I have found it through bills.the moment I asked her about that number she replied that it's a wrong number and I can manage it. And she didn't wanted me to take tension..have replied her that am gonna raise a complaint against that phone then post 1 week she accepted he is her friend and they are in contact since 8 years..she also had an other affairs prior marriage which I Got to know by her mobile phone..now she is threatening what are you gonna do ? She has also taught me that she got married coz her parents forced her for marriage.. she has also took her jewellery and cloths from my home.. Now we are arranging a family meeting to discuss on it..please advise how to go further

See first of all you have to decide whether you want to save the marriage or you are prepared to part with the girl. If there is no trust factor remaining between both of you then it's better to part ways. In such a scenario you can file a criminal case of adultery against her boyfriend under section 497 of IPC and seek divorce from your wife on the ground of adultery and cruelty. In this way you might be able to get away from the marriage without paying her a single penny in settlement.

Advocate Preeti Joshi