What is the procedure for deletion of spouse's name from passport?

I want to remove my spouse's name from my passport. I have the divorce deed with me. What is the procedure?

To change the name in the passport, or to have some details changed you have to apply for a "Re-issue" of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars. To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, have a look at the following link:

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqServicesAvailable

What you need to do is apply for a "Re-issue" of your passport.

you have to file an application before passport office, mentioning details about your divorce. if no steps taken by passport office then you have to file civil suit for declaration and madotory injuction