What is the procedure for applying for mutual divorce?

What is the procedure for a Mutual Divorce? I have a marriage of 7 years and me and my wife are seeking divorce by mutual consent. How do we go about it?

Answer

Details of Divorce by Mutual Consent:

Section 13B states that the parties can jointly move a petition for dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce in the District Court on the ground that they have been living separately for a period of one year or more, that they have not been able to live together and that they have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved.

The Court shall then record the joint statement of the Parties and pass a First Motion Order giving time of 6 months to the parties to resolve their dispute, however in case the parties are unable to resolve the issues within the stipulated time, the Court shall pass a Decree of Divorce. 

You may initiate the process of Mutual Divorce by reaching out to a Lawyer who will file the petition on your behalf.