What is RCR Section 9 HMA...Do I have live forcefully with my in-laws

My husband has filed a case of RCR under Sec.9 against me at Jamtara Court. Hence the problem is that in every document and affidavit submitted in RCR he has mentioned that he wants me to take to his service place where he stays most of his days but verbally in front of court he want me to take and dump at my matrimonial house where he actually live for only two days 1).How my and my husbands RCR Section 9 is being restored by living separately in two different places? 2).Do RCR means forcefully staying with mother-in-laws and father-in-laws without my consent and without my husband.?

Answers (1)

204 votes

Restitution of Conjugal rights as per section 9 means that  if either the husband or the wife, without reasonable excuses, withdraws from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may approach the Court for restitution of conjugal rights.husband .

However the decree of restitution of conjugal rights cannot be executed by forcing the party who has withdrawn from the society from the other to stay with the person who institutes Petition for restitution.  

Furthermore if the decree of restitution of conjugal right is not honored for a period of more than one year, subsequent to the date of the decree, it becomes a ground for divorce. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles