what is minimum age of girl to marry under special marriage act?

Dear Sir, I have a male friend who is Muslim having completed 24 years of age, wishes to marry his girlfriend who will soon be reaching 18 in the month of Jan 2016. Now, as per 'Special Marriage Act' I wish to confirm marriage possibility. As there is confusion regarding girls marriage age. We Wish to confirm that 'Does marriage require completion of 18 or having reached or attained 18 is sufficient. We hope to hear from you for above mentioned at the earliest.

The Special Marriage Act requires that the bridegroom must be at least 21 years old and the bride at least 18 years old.

Therefore, as on date, the bridegroom should have been born before October, 1994 and the bride should have been born before October, 1997