What can i do if my husband did second marriage for dowry?

Got married to a person 5 years back. After 1 year of marriage husband started abusing me verbally and also started beating me. Few months back he kicked me out of the house. Now I am staying with my parents.

Recently I came to know that he has done second marriage for dowry. What can I do now?

Assuming you are Hindus,
You can file a case for restitution of conjugal rights under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

If you wish to punish your husband for the wrong he has done to you then you can make a complaint under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code.

Regarding second marriage of your husband,

Remarriage by a spouse while the other spouse is alive and without having a decree of divorce is null and void i.e. the second marriage is not valid in the eyes of law.

If you want to divorce your husband then,

You can file for divorce under section 13(1) of the Hindu marriage act as well.

Else you can make an application to the court under section 125 of Cr.P.C. asking for maintenance which is your right and you are entitled to ask for it from husband.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari