quesWhat can i do if my husband did second marriage for dowry?

Got married to a person 5 years back. After 1 year of marriage husband started abusing me verbally and also started beating me. Few months back he kicked me out of the house. Now I am staying with my parents.

Recently I came to know that he has done second marriage for dowry. What can I do now?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Assuming you are Hindus,
      You can file a case for restitution of conjugal rights under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

      If you wish to punish your husband for the wrong he has done to you then you can make a complaint under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code.

      Regarding second marriage of your husband,

      Remarriage by a spouse while the other spouse is alive and without having a decree of divorce is null and void i.e. the second marriage is not valid in the eyes of law.

      If you want to divorce your husband then,

      You can file for divorce under section 13(1) of the Hindu marriage act as well.

      Else you can make an application to the court under section 125 of Cr.P.C. asking for maintenance which is your right and you are entitled to ask for it from husband.


    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    What is the Divorce process under Muslim Law? If there are differences between husband and wife…

    My marriage was done in Delhi in 2005 and my children's are born in Delhi.…

    We have registered a transfer of application in supreme court for transferring my daughter's divorce…
    I was married 15 years back and since mairraige my life has not been stable…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly