what action if husband is physically abusive and husband beats me

Husband is physically abusive and also harasses me mentally. What action can I take against him?

To begin with you can file a written complaint to the concerned women cell under domestioc violence act and under section 498A of IPC.

Thereafter both the parties will be called upon for hearing in the women cell for rounds of mediation and if that doesn't turn out to be fruitful, the complaint will forwarded to the police for further investigation and due action.