Want to divorce wife. She can get me in jail. How to safeguard self?

I want to divorce my wife asap...married in march 2015... for both this is second marriage

I fear. She will harm herself n I will get arrested

What should I do.... can I complain. ..can I just walkout...what is best...I dont want too many legal entanglement

Answers (1)

75 votes
Its only been 4 months to your marriage . For divorce you should have any grounds as mentioned under section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act 1955 such as cruelty , adultery, insanity etc..
If you fear of being arrested you can file for anticipatory bail under section 438 of Crpc stating the valid grounds.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles