quesUnemployed alcoholic husband. Can I get maintenance if i divorce him?

I have been married for 4 yrs and have a 1yr old daughter. It was an arranged marriage. My husband turned out to be an alcoholic and this was concealed from me from the beginning.

My husband doesn't work anymore and also doesn't have any property in his name. I am a housewife myself. I need a secured future for my child and myself.

If i file for divorce am i entitled to get maintenance from him?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Assuming you are hindu,

      As per your query, 

      Yes, you are entitled to maintenance. You can file for maintenance even without filing of divorce.

      Maintenance can be claimed under section 125 of Cr.P.C. as well as section 24 of the Hindu marriage act.

      And your maintenance amount would be separate from what you would get for your child.

      Your child and you are entitled to get alimony i.e. maintenance from your husband.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I got married on 8jan 2013 in arya samaj mandir. Bt aftr few months my…
    I'm 26 and i'm married for 2 years and have a daughter of 1-year-old. I'm…
    My wife has filed Domestic violence, child custody and maintenance case against me. As i…
    How much maintenance if I have to pay to my wife if I am earning…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly