Staying separate from husband. No divorce. Use what surname of child?

I am separated from my husband since July'13. I have a baby girl who is 4 years old. Till now I have not taken a divorce from my husband. Please confirm what surname should I use for my baby?

Answer

Since the baby girl is the child of your husband, she shall continue to retain the same surname as her father. However, if upon obtaining divorce, you retain the custody of the child and re-marry, then the child can have the surname of the new father.