stay on divorce?

I got married last year in april. I and my husband dont have very good relation we keep on fighting every time and on small issues. But on the same time we love each other a lot. My husband is in merchent navy and i am housewife. I am staying with my inlaws. In sep due to some issues with in laws i came to my parents house. My husband came back in nov. After that he just talked with me twice. After our contunious phone call we called him to meet once. He came to meet with his father. But nothing could resolved. Than we filled case under 13b for mutual divorce after complaint against women cell. Now in dec we did panchayat and decided for return of money. They had returned my gold car and some amount. And rest amount they will return after 6 months. But now we want to stay together but our families will not allow us. Can my husband take legal notice from court to stay with me for min 6 months. So that we can re think on our marriage.

Answers (1)

392 votes
at the time of second motion both husband and wife have to remain present in court . if either husband or wife fails to attend court divorce wont be granted . you can also make an application to court to with draw your consent . once your consent is withdrawn divorce petition would be dismissed your husband does not need legal order from court to stay with you . he can at prsent stay with you if he so desires . your families consent is not necessary for the parties to say together . panchayat decision has no legal sanctity . divorce decree has to be passed by court not panchayat

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles