×

quesSon's wife filing false cases against my son. How do I protect my son?

My Daughter in law left our house 7 years back and she took all the jewelery with her. Since the day she left she has been putting baseless cases on my son. Complaints regarding dowry, physical violence and not giving her money for daily chores was reported in the Police Station for which my son was arrested many a times.

How can I protect my son against these baseless allegations?

You should file a petition for divorce on the grounds of cruelty. The Bombay High Court has held that filing of such false and baseless complaints against the husband also amount to cruelty and therefore a valid ground for divorce.

Further you can file a petition for quashing of FIRs which have been registered by your wife against you. This petition needs to be filed in the High Court of the state, and in the petition you will have to substantiate that such false and frivolous case have been filed against you by your wife.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services