×

quesSister's divoce without our family knowledge- about her 5 yr old son

My Query is, now my sister got divorced and want to get married to another person. We (my brothers and mother) do not want to give the kid to her as she is working and will leave the kid with her new family to take care during her absence.
The kid does not speak properly as he has some issue in speaking. His words are not clear when he is speaking. So we are worried about the kid if the new people hurt him. And he will not even know who is doing what to him.We are planning to take and leave the kid my mom for few months, later my sister can come and take her kid

• ansAs per law your sister is the sole guardian and custodian of her son. You cannot forcibly keep her son with your custody. along with her permission you can look after her son. Hence it is better to handover the minor son to her custody.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore