Sister suffering from domestic violence. Where can i file FIR?

my elder sister is effected by domestic violence because of dowry, she married in last February, and they were got separated since 4 months. because of some reason like job, she got late of 4 months to file case. now i just need some suggestions to write f.i.r and how to file it and were should i forward cc, show case and action will be speedup. pls sir give me suggestions. and another question Can she file f.i.r in printed format ?

Answers (1)

478 votes

We suggest that your sister should file a police complaint and submit the same in the nearest police station and to women cell.

After investigation, the FIR shall be lodged by  the police authority.

Thereafter you can file a domestic voilence case under Section 12 thereby seeking right to maintenance and right to residence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles